- Hits: 104806
Position: Postdoc at MPIPKS
Research interests: Stochastic thermodynamics; Biophysics; Optical Tweezers.
1. Universal features in the energetics of symmetry breaking. É. Roldán, I. A. Martínez, J. M. R. Parrondo and D. Petrov. Nature Physics 10 457 (2014).
2. Estimating dissipation with single stationary trajectories. É. Roldán and J.M.R. Parrondo, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 150607 (2010).
3. Entropy production and Kullback-Leibler divergence between stationary trajectories of discrete systems. É. Roldán and J.M.R. Parrondo, Phys. Rev. E 85 031129 (2012).
4. Effective heating to several thousand kelvins of an optically trapped sphere in a liquid. I. A. Martínez, É. Roldán, J. M. R. Parrondo and Dmitry Petrov. Phys. Rev. E 87 032159 (2013).
5. Time series irreversibility: a visibility graph approach. L. Lacasa, Á. Núñez, É. Roldán, J.M.R. Parrondo and B. Luque. Eur. Phys. Journal B 85, 6, pp. 1-11 (2012).
6. Measuring kinetic energy changes in the mesoscale with low acquisition rates. É. Roldán, I. A. Martínez, L. Dinis, and R. A. Rica. Applied Physics Letters,104, 234103 (2014)
Energetics of symmetry breaking
We have measured the energetics of a quasistatic symmetry breaking with a Brownian particle trapped with a bistable optical potential. With a combination of symmetry breaking and symmetry restoration protocols, we have built the first experimental Szilard engine (mentioned in Nature Physics cover). Check the News and views article in Nature about our work: http://www.nature.com/nphys/journal/v10/n6/full/nphys2940.html